The mini Documentary edit (edit log)

 ‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗

Edit log (the official edit)
the edit has not been done yet
 
1.Date/programme title/location
Give the details
 
2.Description of material to be edited and what tone/audience you are trying to reach

The footage used for the mini ducumentary includes:
  • cutaways
  • interview with James
  • interview with Matt and Clare
  • interview with Shane and Lorraine 
  • soundtrack
  • title sequence
  • lower thirds
The documentary is mostly aimed at the local employers, but can be also watched by young people who are interested in taking part in Norwich for Jobs project. 
The documentary stays informative. It contains personal opinions and descriptions of personal experiences. 

3.Key edit decisions taken within that time frame and a discussion of their creative impact 
While editing the whole content I had to decide which interview will be used firs, which second and which last. I had to decide what soundtrack we will be using and what cutaways use in which parts of the documentary. I had to choose the best answers given by those young people and then make sure that I only provide most important informations that both Clare and Lorrain gave us. I also had to decide on wich parts of their interviews were the best ones to use as the conclusion at the end of the documentary.

4.Key techniques/tools used. What are they and how do they function? 
For the most part I only used the fades to make the cuts between different shots less sudden and more smooth.I leyered the cutaways on top of the interview footage and I did not really have to do much on them because they were prepered before.
In terms of the soundtrack, I again used the pen tool to make the sound bridges.
Have a look at : post 1 and post 2 
Most of all it was about putting things in order and editing the itnerviews again, because my colleagues did not neccesserly cared about editing their parts. This matter stopped me from being able to edit the whole mini documentary on time.

5.Areas to improve on for following edit 
More than anything I believe that the only thing we failed at was the teamwork.  The edit is not done yet so the only thing we can do is to finish it off so it can be handed to our client.

Comments