Matt and Clare interview (planning,questions,shoot log)
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
Incluce the questions and paper work
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
Shoot log
1) Date/programme title/location:
The interiew with Matt and Clare. Person who just started their new job and their boss. The interview took place at M&S give more details
2) Role:
During the shot I helped with placing the cameras and the lights, as well as setting up the cameras and framing the interview. Before we started recording I was the one resposnislbe for interacting with the interviewees and explaining to them what we are going to do. I was also giving them the documents to sign. My main role during the shoot was to check on the sound and I was also on one of the cameras, as well as my friend (he was not well that day so I wanted to help him and make sure that we get the shots that we neded to get).
3) Crew & their roles
With me there was my whole team. They were helping me with the set up. The others were on another camera and they were the interviewer.
4) Key storylines captured & characters:
As we planned, Matt gave us the information about his experience with Norwich for Jobs and Marks & Spencers. He aslo gave a couple of ideas of how local employers could benefit from working with young people. It was nice to hear about the story of a person who was rejected many times and who finally got into the employment. He told us how important it is for him to have a job. His boss gave us even more interesting informations as she explained in details the whole project and how it is benefitial for local employers. She said a lot about Matt and other young people. She said how she feels about employing young person and that it is very important to let them work. She said very powerful things that we knew we can use for the final conclusion in our mini documentary.
5) How has this affected the overall direction of the content?
Before we filmed the interview, we thought that it will be very imformative. However, things that both Matt and Clare said end up being not only informative but also very inspiring and positive. We saw the project in much more bright lights. We wanted it to be positive from the beining. We did not want to make the employers feel bad for young people. We wanted them to see how hard thir work and we wanted the employers to confirm that fact. We actually got not only that, but very smart opinions on why local employers should help young people to get into employment. Listening to them talking was very interesting and inspiring and we knew that after editing the whole documentary, the local employers will feel inspired as well.
6) What do we need to capture at the next shoot?
The next shoot will be the interview with Shane and his mentor at the St Edmunds Comunity. This story will be the most powerful, because it will show how young people can change and that their past does not describe how hard they can work.
7) How well did the shoot go?
I think that the shoot went very well. We managed to do everything in the time that we thought we would. At the begining we had to wait a long time for Clare to be read to be interviewed, but as I said, we managed to fit withing the time we had. I believe that my friend did a great job at interviewing both Care and Matt. I think that the camera work was done well as well as the framing. I believe that we managed to make Matt feel comfortable with the camera and ourselves because before the interview I recorded him walking around the store and doing some work. I believe that it made him feel more comfident with being on the camera.
8) How can we improve our work method?
I actually believe that we managed to set up preety quickly. The only issue that we actually had was the microphone attached to the interviwewee. At some point I had to stop the itnerview and ask them to change its position because when they were moving the microphone would pick up the material movement. I think that in the future we should be more cereful with applying it.
The other thing that did not went quite well and tht we discovered back at the college was that the second camera that did not have the microphone attached to it, did not pick up any sound. That gave us a great lesson to always check the sound before recording. Therefore it was not a big issue at all because we still had sound recorded on the other camera and we could just match the visuals with the sound in the editing process.
PS: I did not edit this part of the main documentary
Incluce the questions and paper work
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
Shoot log
1) Date/programme title/location:
The interiew with Matt and Clare. Person who just started their new job and their boss. The interview took place at M&S give more details
2) Role:
During the shot I helped with placing the cameras and the lights, as well as setting up the cameras and framing the interview. Before we started recording I was the one resposnislbe for interacting with the interviewees and explaining to them what we are going to do. I was also giving them the documents to sign. My main role during the shoot was to check on the sound and I was also on one of the cameras, as well as my friend (he was not well that day so I wanted to help him and make sure that we get the shots that we neded to get).
3) Crew & their roles
With me there was my whole team. They were helping me with the set up. The others were on another camera and they were the interviewer.
4) Key storylines captured & characters:
As we planned, Matt gave us the information about his experience with Norwich for Jobs and Marks & Spencers. He aslo gave a couple of ideas of how local employers could benefit from working with young people. It was nice to hear about the story of a person who was rejected many times and who finally got into the employment. He told us how important it is for him to have a job. His boss gave us even more interesting informations as she explained in details the whole project and how it is benefitial for local employers. She said a lot about Matt and other young people. She said how she feels about employing young person and that it is very important to let them work. She said very powerful things that we knew we can use for the final conclusion in our mini documentary.
5) How has this affected the overall direction of the content?
Before we filmed the interview, we thought that it will be very imformative. However, things that both Matt and Clare said end up being not only informative but also very inspiring and positive. We saw the project in much more bright lights. We wanted it to be positive from the beining. We did not want to make the employers feel bad for young people. We wanted them to see how hard thir work and we wanted the employers to confirm that fact. We actually got not only that, but very smart opinions on why local employers should help young people to get into employment. Listening to them talking was very interesting and inspiring and we knew that after editing the whole documentary, the local employers will feel inspired as well.
6) What do we need to capture at the next shoot?
The next shoot will be the interview with Shane and his mentor at the St Edmunds Comunity. This story will be the most powerful, because it will show how young people can change and that their past does not describe how hard they can work.
7) How well did the shoot go?
I think that the shoot went very well. We managed to do everything in the time that we thought we would. At the begining we had to wait a long time for Clare to be read to be interviewed, but as I said, we managed to fit withing the time we had. I believe that my friend did a great job at interviewing both Care and Matt. I think that the camera work was done well as well as the framing. I believe that we managed to make Matt feel comfortable with the camera and ourselves because before the interview I recorded him walking around the store and doing some work. I believe that it made him feel more comfident with being on the camera.
8) How can we improve our work method?
I actually believe that we managed to set up preety quickly. The only issue that we actually had was the microphone attached to the interviwewee. At some point I had to stop the itnerview and ask them to change its position because when they were moving the microphone would pick up the material movement. I think that in the future we should be more cereful with applying it.
The other thing that did not went quite well and tht we discovered back at the college was that the second camera that did not have the microphone attached to it, did not pick up any sound. That gave us a great lesson to always check the sound before recording. Therefore it was not a big issue at all because we still had sound recorded on the other camera and we could just match the visuals with the sound in the editing process.
PS: I did not edit this part of the main documentary
Comments
Post a Comment