The Title Sequence
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
▼△
During one of the graphics worksops, we were introduced to different title sequences, that we can use as an inspiration to create our own for the mini documentary. I decided to work togeter with my colleague, however I did not participate in the whole of the process, because he wanted to be the person responsible for the graphics for our mini documentary. Therefore, I focused on gathering ideas with him, creating a small part of the title sequence, which were the photos and finally, I was giving my opinion on the whole sequence, suggesting small changes to my colleague.
Those are the phtos that I have taken, and their finall stage after the editing.
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
The proccess of making those
I used the website PicMonkey
where I was able to use specyfic filters that allowed me to create this animated effect.
First of all I had to choose a photo. Then the first thing I did was playing with the exposure
I was changing the settings until I was happy with how the immage looked like. Most of the time I would make the image bright, so the harsh lines would not be as visible,.
Then I would move onto adding different filters and each would have different intesity. It all depended on the photo itself.
Those filtes made the photo colder or warmer, depending on what the actuall image needed to look softer. The last two filters "boost" and "soften", made the image look like it was painted. Then I could move on onto the last stage of the editing.
The last stage was the light. The light was the part that took away the reality away from the image and created the animated illusion.
The small lights added onto the image, made the background bit more blury. Taking away thelights and leaving the background influenced by the filter created this animated illusion I was going for. Adding "sunglow" to some of the photos and reducing its radious, made the image look warmer and even more softer.
This technique gave amazing outcome. Having the image being so bright and so soft, yet not loosing on its quality and seing well the shapes, created the illusion of the photograph being painted or created digitaly to look like a painting on a photoshop/drawing sofware.
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
There are other examples of images that I editing in the same way to prove that the technique works for any kind of photo:
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
Marco Polo: https://vimeo.com/114350322
I really liked the idea of "revealing" the image and the watercolor effect. It looks classy and formal. yet creative. The reveal would represent the facts that we would reveal. The thoughts that young peple have when it comes to having a job. We would "reveal" the truth which is the fact that young people who ask for job are not going to mess around. They actually need it and they will work hard. We would also "reveal" the facts from the actuall employer from Marks&Spencers or the mentor from St Edmunds Society, who will confirm that actually young people have lots of potential and they work as hard as any other person would.
Another reason why I thought that the paiting/drawing effect would work well is the fact that Norwich is city that can be proud of many old buildings and streets. That would represent Norwich as a city and give the message of the location we focused on.
That is why I photographed locations that are quite representative in terms of the city itself. Such as the beautiful view on the whole city centre and places around it, the museum, market or the river next to the train station.
▼△
During one of the graphics worksops, we were introduced to different title sequences, that we can use as an inspiration to create our own for the mini documentary. I decided to work togeter with my colleague, however I did not participate in the whole of the process, because he wanted to be the person responsible for the graphics for our mini documentary. Therefore, I focused on gathering ideas with him, creating a small part of the title sequence, which were the photos and finally, I was giving my opinion on the whole sequence, suggesting small changes to my colleague.
Those are the phtos that I have taken, and their finall stage after the editing.
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
The proccess of making those
I used the website PicMonkey
where I was able to use specyfic filters that allowed me to create this animated effect.
First of all I had to choose a photo. Then the first thing I did was playing with the exposure
I was changing the settings until I was happy with how the immage looked like. Most of the time I would make the image bright, so the harsh lines would not be as visible,.
Then I would move onto adding different filters and each would have different intesity. It all depended on the photo itself.
Those filtes made the photo colder or warmer, depending on what the actuall image needed to look softer. The last two filters "boost" and "soften", made the image look like it was painted. Then I could move on onto the last stage of the editing.
The last stage was the light. The light was the part that took away the reality away from the image and created the animated illusion.
The small lights added onto the image, made the background bit more blury. Taking away thelights and leaving the background influenced by the filter created this animated illusion I was going for. Adding "sunglow" to some of the photos and reducing its radious, made the image look warmer and even more softer.
This technique gave amazing outcome. Having the image being so bright and so soft, yet not loosing on its quality and seing well the shapes, created the illusion of the photograph being painted or created digitaly to look like a painting on a photoshop/drawing sofware.
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
There are other examples of images that I editing in the same way to prove that the technique works for any kind of photo:
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
The inspiration for the title sequence:
Our research came from art of the title website
- Manhattan (2014): http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/manhattan/It included:
- Stop motion
- Text both typed and written
- 3D animations
- Drawings and diagrams
- Smooth camera like movements.
- Smooth animation and smooth appearance of the images
- Real camera footage mixed with software production?
- Mostly black and white.
- appearing image
- moving image
- camera like movement
- mix of actual footage an editing software such as aftereffects
- drawings/diagrams
- limited colour pallet
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (2016):
It included:
- ink
- Drawing
- Image reveal
- smooth camera movement
- handwritten text reveal
- hand drawn images
- watercolours
What could we use from it:
- appearing image/drawing
- watercolour painting effect
- handwritten text
- appearing text
- limited colour palette
Marco Polo: https://vimeo.com/114350322
It included:
- Smooth camera movement
- Ink/watercolour effec
- image reveal
- Extreme close-ups
What
cold we use from it:
- Watercolour effect/looking like something is being paint in real time
- small next not covering the paintings.
- close up to the details
- Manhunt: The Search for Bin Laden (2013):
It included:
- Revealing images and text
- Photos flickering.
- Moving line.
- Layers of the images
- Smooth camera movement
- 3D effect
What
we could use from it:
- the text and image reveal
- 3D effect on the layers of images and text
I really liked the idea of "revealing" the image and the watercolor effect. It looks classy and formal. yet creative. The reveal would represent the facts that we would reveal. The thoughts that young peple have when it comes to having a job. We would "reveal" the truth which is the fact that young people who ask for job are not going to mess around. They actually need it and they will work hard. We would also "reveal" the facts from the actuall employer from Marks&Spencers or the mentor from St Edmunds Society, who will confirm that actually young people have lots of potential and they work as hard as any other person would.
Another reason why I thought that the paiting/drawing effect would work well is the fact that Norwich is city that can be proud of many old buildings and streets. That would represent Norwich as a city and give the message of the location we focused on.
That is why I photographed locations that are quite representative in terms of the city itself. Such as the beautiful view on the whole city centre and places around it, the museum, market or the river next to the train station.

















Comments
Post a Comment