James Interview (planning,questions,shoot log)
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
include Paper work, questions
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
Shoot log
1) Date/programme title/location:
The interiew with James. Person who just started attending the sessions atthe job centre. The interview took place atthe City College give more details
2) Role:
During the shoot I helped with placing the cameras and the lights, as well as setting up the cameras and framing the interview. Therefore my main role was to be the interviewer.
3) Crew & their roles
With me there was my whole team who kept the ye on the cameras and the sound while I was focusing on asking questions.
4) Key storylines captured & characters:
During the shoot we heard James giving great ideas, that we were sure, would inspire local employers to try to help young people with finding job. His interview was perfectto use for the short video N4J wanted us to edit for them.
5) How has this affected the overall direction of the content?
The interview did not change the direction of the conent in any way. We got exaclty what we predicted we would get, so just the description of the project and many ideas of what employers could to help young people to get into employment. It also allowed us to show what young pople really think about getting a job. It was a very smart and possitive message, which we wanted to present in the documentary and with James we got the chance to do so.
6) What do we need to capture at the next shoot?
At this point we still have to film two more people, so that is our main goal for now. James' interview is very different to the other ones as we don't have the possibility to film him working. He will be kinda like the employer from M&S or the mentor from St Edmunds, however he will represent the young people and we will use his interview at the end of the mini documenatry as a fianl stage of it, just before the final statements.
7) How well did the shoot go?
I think that the shot went very well. I had no problem with comunicating with James, even if I was very worried about it. I think that we managed to use the camera raming correctly. Also the sound work perfectly. Before, during and after the interview I tried to make James feel comfortable by making jokes or telling him that he is doing a great job. I think I managed to make him feel comfortable, because afte rwe finished he was ready to do some more recording if we ever needed to.
8) How can we improve our work method?
I think that in the future I could put the questions in a better order, or learn how to find the right one quicker. I spend quite a while looking for the right question, although it could have been caused by my sickness. Therefore I still think that I could improve on that matter so the next time can be smooth as as quick as possible. It also would make the interwiewee feel like I know what I am doing and they could go through the stressfull for the proccess quicker.
ps: I did not edit this part for the main documentary.
include Paper work, questions
‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
Shoot log
1) Date/programme title/location:
The interiew with James. Person who just started attending the sessions atthe job centre. The interview took place atthe City College give more details
2) Role:
During the shoot I helped with placing the cameras and the lights, as well as setting up the cameras and framing the interview. Therefore my main role was to be the interviewer.
3) Crew & their roles
With me there was my whole team who kept the ye on the cameras and the sound while I was focusing on asking questions.
4) Key storylines captured & characters:
During the shoot we heard James giving great ideas, that we were sure, would inspire local employers to try to help young people with finding job. His interview was perfectto use for the short video N4J wanted us to edit for them.
5) How has this affected the overall direction of the content?
The interview did not change the direction of the conent in any way. We got exaclty what we predicted we would get, so just the description of the project and many ideas of what employers could to help young people to get into employment. It also allowed us to show what young pople really think about getting a job. It was a very smart and possitive message, which we wanted to present in the documentary and with James we got the chance to do so.
6) What do we need to capture at the next shoot?
At this point we still have to film two more people, so that is our main goal for now. James' interview is very different to the other ones as we don't have the possibility to film him working. He will be kinda like the employer from M&S or the mentor from St Edmunds, however he will represent the young people and we will use his interview at the end of the mini documenatry as a fianl stage of it, just before the final statements.
7) How well did the shoot go?
I think that the shot went very well. I had no problem with comunicating with James, even if I was very worried about it. I think that we managed to use the camera raming correctly. Also the sound work perfectly. Before, during and after the interview I tried to make James feel comfortable by making jokes or telling him that he is doing a great job. I think I managed to make him feel comfortable, because afte rwe finished he was ready to do some more recording if we ever needed to.
8) How can we improve our work method?
I think that in the future I could put the questions in a better order, or learn how to find the right one quicker. I spend quite a while looking for the right question, although it could have been caused by my sickness. Therefore I still think that I could improve on that matter so the next time can be smooth as as quick as possible. It also would make the interwiewee feel like I know what I am doing and they could go through the stressfull for the proccess quicker.
ps: I did not edit this part for the main documentary.
Comments
Post a Comment